Providing an AED is the first step in preparing for cardiac arrest. The second step is the maintenance of an AED. The third step is one that is often overlooked but is extremely important: Establishing an AED Program Management System. myAED Program Management is an all-inclusive digital program that safeguards readiness by maintaining equipment expirations, legal compliance, data management, EMS notifications, and more.
AEDs have accessory parts (batteries and electrodes) that have expiration dates which must be tracked and replaced prior to expiration. The majority of AED malfunctions are due to improper maintenance or battery failure. AEDs, while easy to use, require ongoing maintenance and program management. A well-designed AED Program includes testing and maintaining your device – a vital factor in deploying AEDs in organizations.
Every AED owner is subject to State and Federal regulations which must be followed to ensure the Class 3 medical devices are in compliance in case the AED is ever used in a rescue. Without having a program management system in place, the company could be liable if a clear record of proper maintenance is not available.
Whether you have 1 personal AED, or are a large organization with multiple AEDs, you should have a Medical Oversight and Management program in place. Taking this step ensures that your AED(s) are always ready for use should they be called upon in an emergency.
At AED.us, we provide our customers with the highest level of dependable and experienced AED Program Management. myAED is an interactive, web-based AED management system that ensures the ongoing compliance of your AED Program. It monitors and tracks routine maintenance inspections, electrode pad expiration, battery expiration and CPR expiration. It also provides updated state laws and regulations and notifies the customer of any manufacturer recall.
Our myAED Basics Program Management includes:
- Included with EVERY AED purchased from AED.us
- Provides myAED Medical Prescription
- Email Reminders for Monthly Inspections
- Email Reminders 60 Days Before Pads and Battery Expiration
- Direct Link to Reorder Supplies from Reminder Email
- Email Reminder for AED Warranty Expiration
- Free Access to myAED Personnel for Any Legislation Questions
- Customer Support
- Recall and Update Notification
- Compliance Reports
- Post Event Support
- Event Data Download and Reporting
- Free Loaner Program- Overnight Loaner Shipping
Our myAED Premium Program Management includes myAED Basic items plus:
- EMS Notification
- Virtual Site Analysis
- Risk Consultation
- Tailored Site Response Plan
- $2 Million Liability Coverage
- 24/7 Customer Log In Access
- Medical Direction
- Customized Set of Instructions Detailing What to Do with Your AED Program from Inspection
- Intervals to Post-Event Support
- Medical Direction Recommendations Vary Based on Your Particular Environment and Location
- myAED Premium Will Assist You in Implementing These Recommendations
Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-695-1209 if you have any questions or would like to enroll your device and accessories in our program.
Written by Leigh
Customer Service Associate