Sudden Cardiac Arrest does not discriminate based on race, age, sex, or your health. It can be caused by anything from an underlying heart condition, walking pneumonia, being struck in the chest, or over-exertion.
Our mission at AED.us is to help people save lives, educate everyone about Sudden Cardiac Arrest and CPR Awareness, and have AEDs readily available when needed. Here are the current statistics on Cardiac Arrest:
- According to the American Heart Association, Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest affects over 350,000 people in the US.
- Overall survival to hospital rates of EMS-treated, non-traumatic Cardiac Arrests are at about 29%.
- Survival rates are higher in public places (39.5%) than in the home (27.5%).
- And NIH reported that 1700 additional lives are saved each year from bystanders using AEDs.
National Institutes of Health and Canadianpharmacyratings.net shared, “A new study found that people are more likely to survive a cardiac arrest if a bystander uses a defibrillator while waiting for emergency medical services to arrive.” For this reason, we want to help make AEDs more accessible to people and organizations with specific needs, or those on a tighter budget.
To help you understand how our rental program works, here are the most common Q&A’s from our customers:
Which AED can I rent?
We offer all current, PMA Approved models of AEDs in our rental program. If you are unsure as to which AED would suit your needs, please call us so that we can offer recommendations.
What does an AED Rental include?
All rentals are outfitted with factory accessories to ensure your AED performs up to manufacturer specifications. Every AED is shipped out ready to rescue. Each AED will include:
- The AED device of your choice
- (1) set of adult pads
- (1) battery
- (1) Carry Case
- (1) Rescue Kit
- (1) Inspection Tag
- Basic myAED Management Program*
- Free Shipping
How much does it cost?
For long-term rentals of 12 months or more, we charge $50 per month for the AED and Basic myAED Management, or $75 per month for the AED, a wall cabinet, and Premium myAED Management Program.
Short-term rentals, from 1 to 12 months, vary in pricing, so please contact us for a quote.
What are the benefits of renting over buying?
Even though you may need an AED, not everyone is ready to take on the full-time responsibility of the cost and regular maintenance that is required to own an AED. Take the stress and worry out of ownership when all the responsibility is on our shoulders. We help you:
- manage your inspections
- stay up-to-date on expiration dates of pads and batteries
- take care of any manufacturer updates
- replace the AED if anything were to malfunction
- overnight a new set of pads to you if you ever must use yours in a rescue
- potentially save you money
*Do I need a prescription or special documents while the rental is in my possession?
We provide our Basic myAED Management Program while you are renting, which will include your mediacl prescription. We charge an extra $25 per month if you would like to upgrade to Premium myAED Management. This is an excellent way to manage your AED and the monthly inspections, stay in compliance with all local state AED Legislation, while providing a $2 Million Liability coverage, EMS Notification, Virtual Site Analysis, and Post Event support.
Can I rent an AED for my weekend hiking/camping trip?
Absolutely! Our shortest rental term is one month. This will give you plenty of time to receive the AED, get acquainted with how to use it in a rescue, go on your adventures, then ship it back to our warehouse when you return from your trip.
Our corporation has multiple locations of large office buildings, with over 2,000 people at each location. Can you equip our buildings with enough rental AEDs for at least 3 years?
Yes, depending on the model of AED and quantity you need, we can ship to multiple locations and oversee the long-term management and maintenance of each AED.
Our church would like to have an AED on hand, but we do not have it in our budget to purchase one right now. Can we rent-to-own an AED?
Yes! We will follow the same regular rental process, but we break the total price of your AED into 12 monthly payments with a 20% convenience fee, which we refer to as the “buy-out” payment, paid on the 13th month.
- A great example would be renting to own our Encore Cardiac Science Powerheart G3 Plus. At $490 list price, the monthly payments will be $41 for 12 months with a final buy-out payment of $98 on the 13th
Please give us a call for quotes and pricing if you would like to rent-to-own your very own new or “Encore” AED.
How do I go about renting an AED?
- The first step is to contact us at 1-800-695-1209.
- We will need to gather all contact information, which AED you need to rent, and what the term will be.
- We will email our rental contract for you to read and sign.
- Once we have received your signed contract, we can place the order and ship your AED to you.
- For long-term rentals, we require the first 2 month’s rent in advance, and a credit card on file for monthly automatic withdrawals.
- If you are renting for 3 months or less, we require your full payment for the entire term.
- Once we receive payment and place your order, we will ship your package to you.
- If there is ever a time you need to use your pads during a rescue, contact us as soon as possible so that we can overnight a new set of pads to you and provide you with post-event support.
- We provide Free shipping both ways. Just ask us for a return shipping label when it is time to return your rental.
At a time when anyone can learn how to use an AED to help save a life, we are striving to make it possible for everyone to have access to AEDs when and where they need them most with our rental program. We look forward to continuing to equip you with AEDs for your next wilderness adventures, business conventions, marathons, music festivals, and more! Please contact us at 1-800-695-1209, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written by Blaire Czarniecki
Customer Service Director
Fact checked by Phillip Woods, BA, NREMT-P, FP-C
Blaire attended the University of Tennessee where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Human Ecology- Child and Family Studies. She has been in the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) industry for over eight years and is the Director of Customer Service for Coro Medical. Blaire is also an American Red Cross-certified CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor, highly trained by each manufacturer on their specific AEDs, and knowledgeable regarding ALL State AED regulations and legislation.
“I know that every day I come to work, I am playing a part in saving someone’s life. I am passionate about these devices and am always looking for new and innovative ways to spread awareness and knowledge about Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA). I look forward to the day when everywhere I go, I will see an AED—when SCA will no longer take any lives.”
Last updated March 18, 2019