AED.us strives to increase the placement of AEDs and awareness on how to use them. Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is the number one killer in America, and an electric shock delivered from a defibrillator is the only way to resuscitate the victim. Over 350,000 SCA deaths occur each year outside the hospital environment, with 366,807 striking families across our country in 2015 alone.
AED.US’ founders have placed tens of thousands of AEDs since entering the industry in 1999. Through AED Donation Programs hundreds of AEDs have been placed in areas that need AEDs, but maybe struggle to fund the purchase. In one case, donations of Zoll AED Plus units made by AED.us’ founders to a Tennessee County produced multiple saves, including a student’s mother and PTA member, and a high school girls’ basketball coach. These saves were only made possible by the actions of those present. Their awareness and training resulted in quick administration of CPR and the retrieval of the AED, with a subsequent shock.
There are several options to obtain AED/CPR training, including The American Red Cross and The American Heart Association. AED.US can design and schedule custom classes to accommodate any size organization.
To enter to win one of two $1500 scholarships to the college or university of your choice, complete the following steps:
- Locate an AED (any brand) in your community.
- Interview an AED user (EMS/Fire/Law Enforcement personnel, or member of the public that has used one).
- Have the user retell a save story or an incident where an AED could have assisted a victim in need.
- Submit the 1-2 minute video to firstname.lastname@example.org, WITH a 300-500 summary of the interview.
Deadlines for submission are July 1st, 2019 and December 1st, 2019.
Applicants must be either high school seniors or students enrolled in an accredited college or university.
Awards will be paid directly to the winner’s school choice on their behalf.
Applicants understand that content submitted can be used by AED.us to further awareness of SCA and the benefit of AED/CPR training.
Examples of models sold are:
- Cardiac Science G3
- Cardiac Science G5
- Defibtech Lifeline
- Defibtech Lifeline View
- Heartsine Samaritan PAD 350/360
- Heartsine Samaritan PAD 450
- Heartsine Samaritan PAD 460
- Philips Heartstart Onsite
- Philips Heartstart FRx
- Philips Heartstart FR2
- Philips Heartstart FR3
- Physio-Control Lifepak 500
- Physio-Control Lifepak CR+
- Physio-Control Lifepak CR Express
- Physio-Control Lifepak 1000
- Zoll AED Plus
- Zoll AED Pro
- Zoll AED 3 (BLS)
In addition to selling all brands of AEDs, AED.us stocks a full line of factory accessories, including AED pads/electrodes, AED batteries, AED carrying cases, AED cabinets and other accessories.